Sentir-RT is the future of infrastructure monitoring
Sentir-RT is the next evolutionary step in our Sentir line of infrastructure monitoring products.
Representing the sum of our knowledge gained from previous iterations combined with fresh ideas to create what we believe to be the most significant development in infrastructure monitoring to date.
Electric utilities experiencing cable and structure degradation in distribution manholes and feeder corrosion in transmission vaults are exposed to manhole events such as stray voltage or explosions, service disruption, oil leaks and damaged assets. This can jeopardize public and employee safety, cause property damage or service interruptions and significantly increase operating costs (OPEX).
Current approaches are manual, labor-intensive, cumbersome and expensive; for example, manual inspections can disrupt traffic, are costly and are latency encumbered every few years. Mobile stray voltage inspections – which are also costly and latency encumbered – may not pinpoint the root cause. Vented covers may reduce the impact but don’t prevent explosions whilst increasing exposure to salt/debris. Latched covers may also reduce the impact but won’t prevent explosions.
Sentir remote monitoring
Since its first release in 2016, the Sentir product line has been field-tested at multiple utilities as well as EPRI (the US Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.), incorporating lessons learned through several product iterations into a robust and capable data collection platform of almost 10,000 units deployed in extremely harsh environments.
Blending a versatile array of sensors and imaging technology and fully submersible to NEMA6 or IP68 standards for extended periods, our Sentir-RT solution delivers essential functions to cost-effectively aid system operators:
- Anomaly detection and warning of potential events
- Utilization data for condition-based maintenance and infrastructure planning
- Remote observation and inspection capability for system operators
- Intrusion detection and notification
- A versatile and robust system enabling platform-independent M2M and M2H communications
- An extremely capable and customizable back-end processing and analytics system.
Sentir-RT offers significant benefits for utility use cases including:
- Detection and Warning of Precursors to Manhole Events help prevent explosions and fires
- Gas Detection warns utility employees of potential confined-space hazards
- Stray Voltage Detection warns of possible hazards to the public and utility personnel
- Current Fault Indication and Load Monitoring improve service reliability and recovery speed
- Real-Time Remote Inspection allows inspection and investigation of infrastructure without truck rolls and traffic hazard management
- Continuous Automated Surveillance detects structure anomalies and intrusions before they become major problems or threats.
Reliable performance and actionable insight are the primary deliverables of Sentir-RT and we have numerous compelling use cases if you want to understand more about how our Sentir products are helping some of the world’s biggest utility players, and how they can help you improve service reliability, increase safety and reduce ongoing costs.
Contact us about CNIguard’s Sentir-RT manhole monitoring system here.
Watch our Founder, Dr Edward Klinger launch Sentir-RT here.